Friday, August 12, 2016

Make Today Count / John C. Maxwell / 160 pgs

It's been a long time since I've cracked open a John Maxwell book. I remember really liking the Leadership Devotional I did back 10 years ago when I was a Christian bookstore manager. However, I found parts of the book sort of boring, especially the "Ask yourself these three questions. 1. Have you already decided to do this certain thing? 2. Why did you decide to do this certain thing? 3. What ways can you make sure to make this certain thing happen?" On the other hand, there were parts of the book that did help me become more introspective on bad habits, or lazy habits, I've fallen into. I have started journaling and making sure to make time for devotions and prayer. I did make the mistake of listening to this on audio, rather than reading the book, and I think this is a sort of book that would have been far better to read than listen. The narrator's voice was a bit of a snore.

No comments:

Post a Comment