Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Before the Fall / Noah Hawley / 400 pgs

This is supposed to be the big book of Summer 2016, and I can totally see why.  As of right now, there are 106 reserves on 26 copies. This doesn't include large print, audiobook, or e-book copies. I'm only factoring in the regular print edition.

I loved it. The book does a great job of focusing on the sole adult survivor of a horrendous private plane crash into the ocean off Martha's Vineyard, but it also goes back in alternating chapters to give the reader a glimpse into the lives and thoughts of the other passengers on the plane. My only complaint is that I figured out how the plane crashed (the main mystery of the book) after only 1/2 to 2/3 of the book had been read. That said, I loved how the book ended. I thought it very fitting. I highly recommend it. This book lived up to the hype, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment