Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Husband's Secret / Liane Moriarty / 394 p.

Liane Moriarty creates wonderful, realistic characters.  This was a book club selection, but I was also interested after reading Moriary's "Big Little Lies." This story is told through three families whose lives are intertwined by tragedy. 


Rachel still suffers after 28 years over the death of her teenage daughter; Tess's life is turned upside down when her husband and cousin announce that they are "in love;" Cecilia is broadsided by a letter written by her husband years ago that was to be opened "in the event of his death." I could relate to all that was happening to these women. When Rachel, a grandmother, expresses dismay and pain at the news that her son's family will be moving from their home in Australia to New York City, I could feel it viscerally.

I did like this book, but I have to say that I like "Big Little Lies" more. But this one shows quite well that our actions--both big and small--can have major consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment