Friday, March 22, 2019

The Light We Lost/Jill Santopolo/328pgs

This is the first book that I have read by Jill but it won't be the last. The story is retold by Lucy of how she met Gabe on the tragic day of Sept 11th and how he  later became everything to her. However after Gabe takes a photo journalist job in the Middle East they lose touch and Lucy meets Darren. Lucy seems to always comparing the two but settles down with Darren several years later and starts a family. Suddenly,  Gabe is back from his oversea's trip and wants to reunite with
Lucy.  And he later leaves her with a very gut wrenching decision to make on his behalf. I was just a little upset with the ending of the book.  I would have liked
to have seen more lose ends tied up.  But it was worth the read and I will definitely pick up more of her titles.  I would recommend this book if you like fiction by Nicholas Sparks or Jennifer Wiener.

No comments:

Post a Comment