Monday, July 17, 2017

The Girl Who Knew Too Much/Amanda Quick/355 pgs.

I almost didn't read this book because I'm not a big fan of fiction based in the 1930's--especially in Hollywood, California. I am, however, a big Amanda Quick fan, so I thought I would give it a try, and I'm glad I did. Anna Harris stumbles onto a murder scene--and it happens to be her boss, Helen Spencer, who is dead. Helen has left her a message, in blood, to run, and not to trust anyone. Helen left Anna a substantial amount of money, and a notebook that could get Anna killed. Anna heads west to California, takes on a new name (Irene Glasson), and becomes a reporter for a Hollywood gossip newspaper. Other murders occur, and Irene comes to partner with ex-magician Oliver Ward to get to the bottom of the murders, and the mystery of the notebook. It's a fast read, well developed characters, and one that I can recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment