Friday, March 3, 2017

The Girl Before / JP Delaney / 320 pgs

Obviously, this book is being put into the same category as Gone Girl and Girl on the Train, and for good reason. I have every reason to believe that this will become a big bestseller in the coming weeks, and it has already been optioned to be made into a movie with Ron Howard directing. I've already read the books I mentioned above, and I think it was FAR BETTER than Girl on the Train, and I might even like it more than Gone Girl, which I think was an amazing book, because the big reveal at the end of The Girl Before is such a gut punch - completely unexpected and VERY satisfying! I gave the book five stars. Very high praise from me indeed!

The story alternates between two women, Emma and Jane. Jane is in present time. She rents a very austere, modern, smart house in London that is very cheap, but requires a lot of rules to be followed. These rules were put into place by the apartment's architect. Meanwhile, a couple of years before, a woman named Emma moved into that same apartment. Both women are dealing with recent trauma. Emma's old apartment was burglarized and Jane recently suffered a stillbirth. Both become mesmerized by their new house's enigmatic architect. Saying anymore would definitely spoil the book. Check it out as soon as you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment