Monday, January 9, 2017

A Dog's Journey (sequel to A Dog's Purpose) / W. Bruce Cameron / 336 pgs

A Dog's Journey is the sequel to A Dog's Purpose, soon to be released as a movie in the cinemas at the end of the month. Whereas in A Dog's Purpose, the dog who is known alternatively as Toby, Bailey, Ellie, and Buddy learns that his purpose is to love and protect his boy, Ethan, in the sequel, our canine hero learns that his/her purpose is to love Ethan's granddaughter, C.J., and ultimately to love and take care of all humans. Buddy is still alive at the beginning of the book, but ultimately passes and is reborn as Molly, then Max, and finally Toby again. The ending is sweet and might require tissues. I really enjoyed both books, and although it is wrapped up perfectly, I sure wish there was another book. Very well done, and I can't wait for the movie, so I can take my dog-loving husband to go see it.

 P.S. I am totally a cat person, and have my own four-legged friend who takes care of me, Mia, but that didn't keep me from loving both of Mr. Cameron's books.

P.P.S. This book fulfills a few of the challenges I started in 2017 and it is the first book I started in the New Year. The challenges include:

The #2017FullHouseReadingChallenge - Category: Page Turner
The #2017AudioBookChallenge - No Category
The #2017PopSugarReadingChallenge - Category 21: A book from a nonhuman perspective

No comments:

Post a Comment