Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Settle For More / Megyn Kelly / 352 pgs

I have dying to read this book ever since I heard that it was coming out. I've been a long time fan of Megyn Kelly's because I perceived her as being one of the most independent journalists on the FOX News Channel.  I've seen her interview tons of people on various shows she has been on, and she doesn't suffer fools gladly. When Donald Trump started going after her last year, I was impressed on how she handled herself. At the same time, I was curious as to her actual political views since the liberals like to accuse her of being conservative and many conservatives like to accuse her of being liberal. To me, that seemed to mark someone who was really good at staying independent.

Her autobiography details her life growing up, her time in college, life as a lawyer, her two marriages, and learning to be a mommy. The language at first seemed stilted, like someone who is more used to writing legal reports than personal narratives, but it seemed to improve as she went along. In her book, Ms. Kelly explains that she was bullied in middle school, but as fickle kids' cliques go, she quickly went from being ostracized by classmates to becoming popular. She applied that lesson when Trump started bullying her last year. Besides talking about Trump, she addresses the issues with Roger Ailes and Gretchen Carlson. At times she names names, but often she doesn't, likely because she still works with the people on FOX, and doesn't want to embarrass them or herself.

I recommend the book for those who are fans of Megyn Kelly or would like to know more about what she calls "The Year of Trump."

No comments:

Post a Comment