Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Person of Interest (Military Investigations #8) / Debby Giusti / 224 pgs

Natalie Frazier, a former servicewoman, is babysitting a friend's baby when she hears a murder next door. She is convinced that her former commander is behind the murder, and when more people close to Natalie turn up dead, she runs away with the baby. Everett Kohl, an Army investigator, is supposed to remain dispassionate while investigating crimes, but his instincts tell him that while Natalie's actions look guilty, she is actually innocent. Helping her could cost Everett his job, but not helping her could cost Natalie her life.

I really liked this book! It is a Love Inspired Harlequin paperback that the district does not own. I felt for the characters and I thought that the story of Natalie's growing faith in the midst of a really difficult situation to be well-written and realistic. It read very similar to a Dee Henderson book. I don't want to give too much away, but I was a bit baffled by the speed of the burgeoning romance between the main characters. It didn't seem very realistic to me. I have to admit that I haven't read a whole lot of romance in years until recently and I'm beginning to like the ones in which the protagonists have very obviously fallen in love but they're not already planning their wedding just a few days after meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment