Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Graveyard Book / Neil Gaiman/ 307 p./ scary story for October

     This Newbery Award Book is about as scary a book as I read.  Story is about a boy who's family was murdered when he was one year old.  He is raised in a graveyard by ghosts and has a mysterious guardian who can pass into the world to bring him food.  The author introduced the entire spectrum of creatures that have to do with death.  The story continues until the boy becomes "of age" and is ready for the world and the murderer is gone.  I'm sure it would have quite scared me as a child, but while each new set of characters or incidents were unique and a complete story in themselves, I was quite okay reading it at night.  
That being said, I just didn't care for the book, but I am sure kids love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment