Thursday, January 29, 2015

Bad Girls of the Bible / Liz Curtis Higgs 244 p.


Bad Girls of the Bible / Liz Curtis Higgs 244 p.

Higgs features several 'bad' women of the Bible, e.g., Rahab, Delilah, Lot's wife, Jezebel.  She seeks to teach us lessons from these women.  Women she has categorized as bad to the bone, bad for a moment, and bad for a season, but not forever.  Their story opens with a modern retelling of their life.  Higgs introduces personal notes into the telling like with Jezebel, she says
I understood her personality, I empathized  with her need for control, I tuned into her angry outbursts ... but boy did she teach me what not to do in my marriage.

 Each chapter closes with some lessons to be learned from the life of the bad girl and thoughts for the reader to consider.  Higgs tells these biblical stories in her own style filled with insight and humor.


No comments:

Post a Comment