Wednesday, November 19, 2014

If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) / Gayle Forman / 201 pages / Young Adult - Realistic Fiction

Brief summary
Seventeen year old Mia is riding in her parents car to go visit some family friends and then in the blink of an eye she's standing next to her body that's been critically injured in a car accident. Taking place over the course of about 24 hours, this book is about love, loss and a choice that is Mia's alone to make.

What I liked
This book was heartbreaking, but beautiful. I loved Mia. I felt so connected to her while reading about her current situation and her past.  I really don't know what to say to do this book justice. Maybe just that it's beautifully written and well worth reading.

What I didn't like
I wasn't expecting it to end as abruptly as it did, but it doesn't bother me as much as it would have if there wasn't a second book to read. If it would have ended like that with no sequel, then I would have been really upset. 

Brief thoughts
I'm not a fan of sad books at all (I seriously HATE to cry), but this is absolutely a book worth reading, even for someone like me. I will definitely read Where She Went as soon as I can get my hands on a copy. I'll just have to remember to keep a box of tissues handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment