Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Imperfect Paradise, Dan Dembiczak, 193 pages

This was a freebie for Kindle, but it had really good reviews.  I'm not sure that I totally agree with those reviews.  In a nutshell Sarah is bride of just two days on her honeymoon in Hawaii.  While most of the other reviewers see Sarah as a heroine finding herself in Hawaii, I saw her as a spoiled lush who doesn't care who she hurts.  Right from the start something is wrong with Sarah's marriage, and we join her on her wedding day!  The book kept my interest.  I did want to see where it was going, and I expected Sarah to learn something about herself.  It's just that for half the book I expected Sarah to find out she was gay.  I did not feel any sympathy for the character and didn't really feel that we got to know her husband very well.  He seemed very nice to me, so I'm not sure what her problem was!

No comments:

Post a Comment