Sunday, December 15, 2013

I Hunt Killers / Lyga Barry / 359 pages / Bram Stoker Nominee - October Challenge

Joe Hill, author of Horns and Heart-Shaped Box, said "It's the best thing in YA fiction since the Hunger Games."  Although I do not agree with this statement, I do agree with Cassandra Clare that "the mystery pulls you in from the first pages, and Jazz is a  chillingly charming protagonist..."  Jazz is the son of the world's most infamous serial killer, having over 100 gruesome deaths to his credit.  Unfortunately, Billy taught his son the tools of his trade.  Billy is serving several life sentences when someone begins a reign of terror mimicking Billy's style.  Who is The Impressionist?  Several plot twists, including one at the very end, keep the reader guessing.  Although I had a hard time accepting GW's reliance on Jazz's knowledge and skills, I found this to be a captivating read.

No comments:

Post a Comment