Thursday, June 20, 2013

Highlander Most Wanted / Maya Banks / 351 pages

I checked this book out because it was new and it was "Scottish" and I can get the extra points.  Immediately, the comment was, "You're reading that!"  Having been thusly warned that it was probably not a Christian Romance, I began reading.  I had to read to chapter 32 before I hit the steamy scene.  The book is mostly about the clans in Scotland and the main character Genevieve who was abducted by an evil son of a clan leader.  She is rescued by Bowen and he becomes her champion after he learns of all the horrible things that had happened to her besides her large disfiguring scar on her face.

Maya Banks writes an okay book, but she is quite repetitious.  I could have edited out at least 20 pages. She also includes a female character who is sympathetic to Genevieve, makes sure that the reader knows that she is lame for some unknown reason, and hints that an Armstrong clansman likes her.  Then she never finishes the storyline with her.  She just ends the book when Genevieve and Bowen's story is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment