Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Untouched / Anna Campbell / 373 pages

     I was watching the news on CNN one night and becoming increasingly anxious over the information coming out in Cleveland with the three girls held captive for eleven years.  I knew there was no way I was going to sleep soon.  Then I remembered that I had a light romance novel that I had had for quite some time.  The person recommending the book described it as amusing or something like that.  Okay, perfect escape.  I started the book.
Chapter 1:  Young widow is kidnapped and taken to an estate (England) where there is no escape.  She is "given" to a young man who is also a prisoner.  His uncle keeps him captive and he has not escaped in eleven years!  Great.  Just the kind of light reading that will take my mind off being held captive.
     I did become sucked into the vortex of the story.  How will Grace escape?  How will they be able to remain "pure" and how soon will the story get really steamy?  (at the half-way mark, as rules of Romance novels dictate.)  Of course they will need to escape eventually from the very evil uncle and his evil thugs.
     I did like the characters.  The guy was kind of an ideal type of super smart, nice, cute etc. despite his having been labeled insane.  She was also a quite nice person.  They did certainly have quite a tussel with their libido vs. what they thought was the "right" thing to do.  It was set in the 1800's so it was appropriate to the time period.
     Two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment