Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Better Than Chocolate/Sheila Roberts/391 pages/First in a series

Samantha Sterling is trying to save her family's company, Sweet Dreams Chocolate Company, but the previous president, her step-father Waldo, nearly drove it into the ground. Now that Waldo has died, Samantha can take over and try to save it.

This is first in the series "Life in Icicle Falls." I love my cozy mysteries, and I was 50 pages into this before I realized it was a romance novel! I kept waiting for someone to be killed by drowning in a vat of chocolate, but it just wasn't meant to be. The places and characters are very similar to Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swensen series without the crime, of course. Overall, it was pretty boring. I'm glad I haven't been sucked into another series.

No comments:

Post a Comment