Saturday, February 25, 2012

After/Amy Efaw/350p.


This is the story of a high school girl in denial about her pregnancy, who hides it from everyone, has the baby on her own, then throws the baby away. I know, a real downer, right. I had a hard time identifying with the main character, Devon. I understand she did not have the support she needed at home--her mother, who was also a teen mom, is often absent. I read this book, because I was looking for something immediately available from the library for my Nook, and the title was one of the first I saw, as they were in alphabetical order. I read a lot of YA, and I've found myself understanding things through reading, like "cutting", that I thought I'd never grasp. Likewise, I thought I might understand the motives behind Devon's decision/indecision not to deal with her pregnancy. The story kept my interest, because I kept hoping a viable reason for what she did would be found. But this was not the case.

This might be an interesting read for someone doing research on the subject, but not one I would generally recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment