Friday, January 20, 2012

Much Ado About Vampires / Kate MacAlister / 339 p.

Yeah, Yeah, and Maybe the cover had
Something to do with my decision to
read this book. 
I don't know why it has taken me so long to read a Kate MacAlister book.  I have been told many times that she is very funny.  And funny she is, I found myself laughing out loud a few times either at the things she has her characters do or the witty comebacks that they say out loud.  Unfortunately, for me I probably should not have chosen this as my first book.  Clearly this is one of many in her "Dark Ones" series which has a world that has many rules and creatures with long Latin sounding names.  The first half of the book the main character Cora is accidentally banished to some sort of place called "Akasha" which is between Heaven and Hell (think Purgatory).  There she finds and revives her vampire lover from a previous life, Alec, and they then wander around and fight Demons looking for a way out and back to reality.  For me this is not much of a plot, and I was skimming through this quick read.  It is also very much on the steamy side so I would only recommend this book to those who know what they are getting into when they pick up a paranormal romance.  I would like to read another book by MacAlister, but I am hoping for more of a storyline and perhaps in a contemporary setting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment