Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Man in the Rockefeller Suit/Mark Seal/320 pages

The secondary title says it all: The astonishing rise and spectacular fall of a serial impostor. How could a smart, driven professional woman be so totally hoodwinked by a man, marry him and have a child with him? She wasn't the only one. He arrived in the U.S. when he was 17 and proceeded to con every person he met. Developing many different identities over the years and living the life of an aristocrat, he was able to fool everyone. It is an amazing story.

I saw the movie "Who is Clark Rockefeller?" on a cable channel a while ago and thought it was quite interesting. I was stunned when I saw a documentary about the same subject. I had assumed that the movie, while "based on the true story," had been exaggerated. But no... I was afraid this book would be boring or a slow read, but it moved through the story quickly.

Movie

No comments:

Post a Comment