Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Building Blocks Award

There was a very good selection of picture books for the 2011 Building Block Awards.  It really is hard for me to choose just one book, so I am going to pick my top three!
  1. If you are a Monster and you Know it  by Rebecca Emberely - My youngest daughter Julia is really into monsters so she loved this book.  It has very large colorful pictures and you sing to the tune If you are Happy and you know it.  Julia just loved stomping around pretending to be a monster.
  2. Silly Tilly by Eileen Spinelli - I personally enjoyed this book, the pictures of Tilly's antics are funny and I liked the rhythm and rhyme of the words.  Both of my kids enjoyed hearing this book over and over.
  3. Pete the Cat: I love my White Shoes by Eric Litwin - At first I wasn't impressed with the illustrations and I thought the storyline was very basic.  However, after reading the book one time to my kids they LOVED it!  They caught on to the song right away and want to hear it over and over.  A special bonus for me, I caught my 3 year old (who doesn't know how to read) "telling/reading" the story to her little sister.  So Yea Pete the Cat!!!!

1 comment:

  1. We have another Pete the Cat book on order...Rocking in My School Shoes. We also ordered some of Mr. Eric's music Cds such as Rockin Red, Yummy Yellow, etc.

    ReplyDelete