Monday, January 17, 2011

The Name of This Book is Secret/ by Pseudonymous Bosch/ 360 pages

I'm a little behind in getting started with this series, but it was recommended to me by a teen volunteer recently, so I checked it out. The series itself will eventually have 5 books (one for each of the 5 senses). The 4th book just came out this past year.

The first in the series is a mysterious tale involving two main characters: Max-Ernest and Cassandra as they stumble into information about a magician, two evil-doers, and a kidnapped classmate. The characters are both misfits at school and they both have families considered different for one reason or another. Their quirks are sometimes humorous and sometimes obnoxious, but it is nice to see their friendship develop throughout the story.

Overall, I would recommend this book to kids who like The Mysterious Benedict Society or Lemony Snicket. I didn't find it as engaging or amusing as those 2 series, but I think its similarities would make it a hit with those audiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment