Friday, July 12, 2019

America's Reluctant Prince/Steven Gillon/671pgs

As an avid history reader, especially when it involves the Kennedys, I was excited to read this newly published book about John F Kennedy Jr. The author, historian Steven Gillon, was close friends with John and was also his professor when he went to Brown University.
I thought this book was ok. It was really repetitive and I felt that the author just took information from other books and just copied it into his book, especially the first few chapters. It all wasn't new information to me. I did like the last few chapters, especially when the author told snippets about his and John's interactions.
Overall, JFK jr was such an interesting person and fun to read about. He was unfailingly polite and really well spoken. It's sad he did not get to live a long life.
But i do recommend this book for anyone who wants to read about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment