Monday, May 13, 2019

The General's Women / Susan Wittig Albert / 387 pages

This book is the fictional account of the historical affair General Dwight D. Eisenhower had with an Irish woman, Kate Sommersby, while he was leading the armed forces in Europe during World War II. Kate was assigned to be his driver when he went over to Europe and she was with him throughout the war.  I had read about this relation ship in my many studies of American history.  It always intrigued me.  The Eisenhower family did a lot to cover up this relationship because of the political interests and future of Dwight Eisenhower.  The author tell the story through the viewpoints of Dwight, Kay, and Dwight's wife, Maime.  I found the book interesting and I learned more about Kate Sommersby.

No comments:

Post a Comment