Tuesday, May 7, 2019

The Favorite Daughter/Patti Callahan Henry/368pgs


Lena Donohue is returning to Watersend, South Carolina, after leaving her husband at
alter ten years earlier. On the day of her wedding she found out that her sister and her husband were romantically involved and left home to pursue a career in New York City.  When her brother calls her home due to the fact that her father is suffering from Alzheimer’s she knows she has no other choice but to help with the family crisis. It’s sad to read about how this disease robs people of their memories, especially since my mother is having the same issues at this time. However, I believe this is a wonderful story of forgiveness and how strong family bonds can be in difficult times. I wanted to read this book because I loved The Bookshop at Water's End, written by this author. I would live give this a 3 out 5 star rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment