Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Lumberjanes, Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy / Noelle Stevenson / 128 pages

Having read Nimona by Noelle Stevenson for a Read Harder challenge category last year, I had high expectations for Lumberjanes. I have heard a lot of good things about it. However, my opinion is that it isn't good as I had expected. I feel like it was all over the place, and so I found myself a bit too confused and not nearly as interested as I had hoped.

Lumberjanes is a comic. The first volume is comprised of the first four issues. Five teenage female friends band together at a summer camp in the woods and end up coming across all sorts of mystical creatures including three-eyed foxes. There are also weird visions and secret caves. The mystery of what in the world is going on is the central part of the comic, but I suspect one would have to read more to really make sense of what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment