Monday, January 21, 2019

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone/J.K. Rowling/309 pages

Harry Potter is an orphan living with his abusive Aunt and Uncle, living day by day, until he is contacted through a mysterious letter. The letter is the beginning of Harry's journey into a world he could never imagine, a world that not only saves his life but that also helps shape him to fulfill his destiny. Amidst magic, wizards, unicorns, and trolls, Harry and his friends learn the meaning of friendship, courage, and love.
I was skeptical of this book, as I was too old to read it when it was published, and I remained skeptical up until I finished it. I have to admit I am glad I finally read it. Not a great book, but I understand the appeal and would read it again. My favorite part is when Dumbledore spoke with Harry about his mother and the protection of her love. For those of us like Harry who have the Dudleys or a Voldemort in their own lives, this part is very moving and memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment