Tuesday, December 4, 2018

If You Ask Me: Essential Advice from Eleanor Roosevelt/Binker, MaryJo (editor)/245 pages



     If You Ask Me is a compact book full of advice from Eleanor Roosevelt (pulled from a question and answer  column she responded to for years) on everything from picking political candidates to raising children.
     I selected this book because I have always admired Eleanor Roosevelt--
she was a strong woman who lived in uncertain times.  She was incredibly
If You Ask Me: Essential Advice from Eleanor Rooseveltadvanced in her thinking and remarkably knowledgeable on almost every subject.  I continued to read this book because the advice is timeless.  Some of the topics she covers are abortion, women's rights, corruption in politics. term limits, foreign policy and more.
     I very much enjoyed this book.  It is not the type that you pick up and read straight through; its one you read a little now and put it down and then read some more and put it down.  I have already recommended this book to several of my friends that I know will enjoy it.


                                                                                                                              













No comments:

Post a Comment