Friday, November 23, 2018

Dead Girls/ Graeme Cameron/ 298 pgs

Dead Girls is the sequel to Normal, reviewed here. If you plan to read Normal, I suggest not reading this review due to possible spoilers. I'm glad I read it fairly soon after the first book so the events were fresh in my mind. However, this one is not nearly as good as Normal. The story is mostly told from the perspective of Ali Green, a police detective. She was seriously injured by the serial killer in Normal. Though she can't remember anything that happened that day and is still having medical issues, she's pulled back onto the case. While this should be an exciting book as the police work to catch the serial killer, this one lacks the dark humor and engaging style of Normal. Also, these are the absolute worst police ever. They don't follow any sort of procedure, they never tell their colleagues what they are doing, they don't share information. I'm not sure if this was meant to be humorous (bumbling cops) but it really just made me frustrated with the story. Fortunately this one does wrap up the story started in Normal, so for that at least, I'm glad I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment