Monday, August 13, 2018

Believe Me/ JP Delaney/ 334 pgs

This is by the author of The Girl Before, which I thought was an excellent suspense novel. In my opinion, Believe Me isn't quite as good, but it is still fascinating. Claire is an actress but she's struggling because she's British and doesn't have a green card. To make ends meet she works on the side for a law firm, helping their investigator trap unfaithful men for their suspicious wives. Claire is very good at what she does but soon becomes embroiled in an unsolved crime involving one of those cases. This is a book where you aren't really sure who's telling the truth. I can't quite put my finger on why but the story lost my attention in the second half. The ending seemed to come out of nowhere and was not as satisfying as I would have wished. As a warning, this book deals with some dark, troubling issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment