Friday, July 20, 2018

Sugar, Butter, Flour / Jenna Hunterson / 160 pages

Sugar, Butter, Flour: The Waitress Pie Book is a pie cookbook based on the recent hit musical with music by Sara Bareilles. Jenna Hunterson is the main character of the story, not the actual author of these recipes. Moment of truth: I didn't bake any of these pies yet. But I did read through the whole book, and it's pretty fun. Be aware that the cookbook is based on the pies from the musical, not the movie. There were a few recipes from the movie I was really hoping to see and didn't--that's not a bad thing, just telling you so you're aware. There were a couple of people who complained about thinking Jenna was a real person, which is silly. The title page has the real author's name as the author of the recipes; not having it on the cover is common for book or movie-based cookbooks. I'm excited to try a few of them and may tweak my review when I do. Suffice it to say, this is a good pie book primarily consisting of classics with a twist. This is a solid choice for people who enjoyed the musical, as well as those who just like trying new and fairly simple pie recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment