Monday, June 18, 2018

Giant Days, Vol. 1 / John Allison / 128 pages

Giant Days is about a trio of girls: Susan, Esther, and Daisy. They're all freshman in a British university and have come from completely different walks of life and experiences. But their experiences are about to get even more strange and confusing. There is some very odd stuff mixed in with the regular expectations of a college experience, and I really enjoyed this collection of single issues from BOOM!Box. Usually I read books with a college setting and think, “Okay, that was fun but not really similar to my experience.” Volume One was so much like my first two years of college! If Esther was more punk than goth and had a Russian name; my Daisy was taller than everyone and not so naive but just as shy; and I was a less angry and less ambitious (English Lit degree, not medical) Susan. Just the reprieve I needed from a busy life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment