Wednesday, November 15, 2017

The Forbidden Rose / Joanna Bourne / 392 pgs

Joanna Bourne is a fantastic writer. I read her first two books a few years ago and then somehow never got around to reading more. When I saw that she has a new book out, I decided to catch up on the older ones as they compromise a loose series that centers on English and French spies. This one is set during the Reign of Terror in France. Marguerite (Maggie) is the daughter of an aristocrat who's been forced out of her home by a mob. She's also much more than that. William Doyle is an English spy posing as a Frenchman who discovers Maggie hiding out. In a shaky alliance, they set out for Paris together. There's a road trip, much intrigue, a prison break, and a sneak peek at a young Adrian, who is the hero of the next Bourne book I plan to read. If you like your historical romances well-researched and richly written, I recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment