Wednesday, October 18, 2017

The Hanging/ Lotte & Soren Hammer / 298 pgs

I read this based on one of my colleague's posts here:-) The book is set in Denmark and has been translated. The ebook I read had numerous translation problems but for the most part I was able to skip past those. Konrad Simonson is the main protagonist here. He's a policeman investigating the gruesome murder of 5 men with his team of junior investigators. I found the book a little uneven, especially as the police team seemed to jump to conclusions. I sometimes felt as if I were missing information. However, the story was intriguing (fair warning: the plot centers around pedophilia), the characters were interesting, though perhaps a little incomplete, and the setting was unique. I'd be interested to read more by this author duo.

No comments:

Post a Comment