Thursday, July 27, 2017

Persons Unknown/ Susie Steiner / 312 pgs

This is the second of Steiner's books about Manon Bradshaw, a police detective in Cambridgeshire, England. I really enjoyed the first one. Here in this second book, the characters are drawn just as realistically--warts and all--as in the first, but I felt the plot was lacking. All of the suspense elements seemed to be by-the-numbers and I was easily able to guess which way the story would turn next. It was interesting to see where Manon and the other recurring police officer, Davy, were in this book, which is set about a year after the first. But I was very upset with the way Manon's adopted son was treated in this book. His story line was left maddeningly unresolved, even in the epilogue, and I can only hope that his story will feature in the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment