Wednesday, March 29, 2017

It's Always the Husband/Michele Campbell/311 pgs

This book releases in May. I read an Advanced Reader Copy that was sent to the library district.

Kate, Jenny, and Aubrey are 3 friends who met their freshman year at a pseudo-Ivy League school in New England. The book spends time in the present as well as chronicling their freshman year. Something tragic happened at the end of that year and the three women end up going their separate ways. Twenty-two years later they are all back in the same college town and must deal with repercussions from that tragedy as well as present day decisions. This book has lots of twists and turns but I have to say that I did not find any of the characters likable and even the police chief was creepy. There was no one for me to root for and by the end I was kind of hoping all the characters would implode in a flaming heap. Alas, they did not. I felt sorry for the main characters' children, who are really just shadows in the story, but I pity those children for having the parents they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment