Saturday, March 18, 2017

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone / J.K. Rowling / 320 pgs

I probably have not read the first Harry Potter book in a decade, though I am a huge fan of the series. Since the ReadHarder challenge requires you to reread a book, I chose Harry Potter. I wanted to see if anything new leapt out at me, considering I know the whole story now. First, I had forgotten just how nasty Snape really was to Harry throughout this whole book. Second, Dumbledore explains to Harry that Snape was especially upset with Harry's dad because James Potter saved Snape's life at some point, and Snape hated being in Harry's dad's debt. Did we ever learn just what James did to save Snape's life?

If you've never read the Harry Potter series, do yourself a favor and start! The books become progressively more mature as the author's audience matured through the years that the series was being written. So, you find that the first book is maybe too juvenile for you, keep reading because you'll find that the writing becomes more and more sophisticated. Will happily recommend to anyone, no matter the age!

No comments:

Post a Comment