Friday, February 10, 2017

Wires and Nerve, Volume 1 / Marissa Meyer / 240 pgs

Everyone who knows my reading habits knows that I discovered the Lunar Chronicles series last year and absolutely fell in love with Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Winter, and Iko. I even got to meet Marissa Meyer when she came to MY LIBRARY in October. One of my most treasured possessions now is my autographed copy of Stars Above.

So, to say that I've been eagerly awaiting more from the Lunar Chronicles universe is a huge understatement. This new story, that takes place seven months after the end of Winter, centers on the often forgotten character of Iko, the android who has a mind of her own. She adores romance, beautiful clothes and makeup, and wants the best for her friends, especially Cinder. In this story, told in graphic novel form, Iko takes it upon herself to neutralize the threat of the leftover wolf-hybrid soldiers on Earth. Iko is a great new heroine. She's tough, sarcastic, and just a lot of fun to read.

I only wish that the graphic novel was more colorful instead of two-tone, and that all the men didn't look exactly alike. I hate that I can't tell the difference between Carswell Thorne (my favorite male character) and Lt. Kinney. Though I'm somewhat disappointed over the art, I love the story, and I am excited that it is a multi-volume series. I can't wait for Volume 2!

***PSA*** This is not for people who have yet to read the Lunar Chronicles. Though they try to have a bit of an introduction at the beginning, it's not enough to really comprehend what is going on without having read the books first.

No comments:

Post a Comment