Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Daisy in Chains/ Sharon Bolton / 344 pgs


I recently discovered Sharon Bolton’s (AKA SJ Bolton) suspense books and I really enjoy them. In this one, lawyer Maggie Rose is asked by a convicted serial killer to take another look at his case because he claims he’s innocent. She’s reluctant at first and aggressively discouraged by the investigating officer, Det. Weston, from doing so. It’s not a spoiler to say she eventually takes the case:) This one has a number of twists and turns but unfortunately I thought they were fairly well telegraphed. I wasn’t surprised by anything except perhaps the very end. I didn’t like this book as much as I liked Bolton’s Little Black Lies and I think it was because the characters weren’t especially likable or sympathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment