Thursday, January 26, 2017

As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales From the Making of THE PRINCESS BRIDE / Cary Elwes / 272 pages / 6 discs

  I had the joy of introducing my husband to THE PRINCESS BRIDE and then we both had the pleasure of showing the movie to our kids. It is one of our favorites and will quote pages of dialogue at each other. This book or CD is a great companion piece for the whole family. The CD has several of the actors telling their personal stories or reactions to what Elwes is describing at that particular time. It is truly a must read/have for movie fans.
  With the movie celebrating its 25th anniversary, the cast gathered for a showing in New York. Elwes was struck by how the actors were reminiscing about favorite lines, fan requests or impact on their professional lives. He decided to put down on paper what this movie meant not only to him personally but the everyone involved. So we have the beginning of the whole affair from the advent of the script(s) to the reception world wide upon release. I didn't realize it but this was the first major film for Robin Wright. Cary Elwes had been in movies but not as the leading man carrying the whole film. I had a smile on my face the entire time I listened to this. What a great trip down memory lane that I will come back to again and again.

6 Degrees of Reading: Young Frankenstein: A Mel Brooks Book: The Story of Making the Film by Mel Brooks, In Such Good Company: Eleven Years of Laughter, Mayhem and Fun in the Sandbox by Carol Burnett, My Mother was Nuts by Penny Marshall.

No comments:

Post a Comment