Monday, September 26, 2016

A Dog's Purpose / W. Bruce Cameron / 319 pgs

Since starting at the Spencer Road Library in January, I have a longer commute from Wright City and back again. My dislike for St. Louis radio stations and my political pundit fatigue this election year has driven me to audiobooks and I’ve been enjoying them immensely! I just finished A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron and it has greatly contributed to my new appreciation for dogs, which is a feat considering how firmly of a cat person I have been up until now. A Dog’s Purpose tells the tale of a dog who learns his purpose in life over the course of four dog lifetimes - first as Toby, then Bailey, then Ellie, and finally as Buddy. The book is hilarious as we learn how dogs think, their desire to be a “good dog,” to take car rides and eat food! However, it is also a three hanky tale, so be forewarned that a lot of heartstrings will be tugged. I am about to check out the sequel, A Dog’s Journey, and can’t wait to take my husband (a firm dog lover) to see the movie version starring Dennis Quad when it comes out on January 27th. I suspect with the new movie coming out, the book might go on the reserve list. As of right now, there are only three of thirteen copies available, but it is offered as an e-book and e-audiobook.


No comments:

Post a Comment