Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Dance of Grace / Stacy Monson / 322 pgs


After dancing teacher Vanessa Jordan loses her younger siblings and her leg to a car accident, she hits rock bottom. However, her life is changed when she meets Kurt Wagner, an ex-con turned church janitor. Kurt wants to build River House, a safe haven for youth who are just like Kurt used to be. Vanessa and Kurt work together to make Kurt's dream happen, but Kurt's past may end up putting everyone in danger.

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It was beautifully written and I really grew to love the characters. Although I'm often skeptical of the trope (non-Christian girl meets Christian guy and learns from him, converts, and they fall in love), it worked in this novel. I loved that the guy has his own demons he has to deal with, because we all know that consequences of our past actions don't just disappear the moment we accept God's grace and forgiveness. There was some great chemistry between the two protagonists. I would highly recommend.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for such a lovely review! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I'm curious as to how you all pick the books to read? It looks like quite a cross-section.

    ReplyDelete