Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Mischief of the Mistletoe / Lauren Willig / 325 pages

     I read this Christmas book from the Pink Carnation Series last since I don't care much for Christmas stories.  I was amazed and happy to discover that it had very little to do with actual Christmas and was, in fact, a story that picked up Turnip Fitzhugh as a main character.  He has appeared in many of the books as a side character.  He is portrayed as not too smart and clumsy, but handsome and large and very rich.  This book shows his really nice and caring side.  I think that he suffered a head injury as a boy from falling out of a tree because he seems to have short term memory problems and difficulty with judgement.  This, plus his clumsiness could be from that fall.  I think Lauren Willig put that detail in there on purpose.  I was glad that he met Arabella who could appreciate him as he had been the butt of jokes for quite a few books.
     I read this one out of order, but found that I appreciated it more because I already knew some of the characters from the later books.  I hope that the author will write a reunion book at some point with the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment