Thursday, July 2, 2015

Life After Life / Kate Atkinson / 544 p.

When I first started listening to this book I wondered if I could get through what I deemed a tedious beginning. It was selected by my book club so I knew I would have to keep going.  So glad I did!

There is the historical aspect--I felt I got a clear picture of civilian survival during WWII.  Then there is the "spiritual" aspect as Ursula is continuously reborn.  It raises all sorts of questions about the meaning of life, religion and those intriguing "what-if's" in all of our lives.

And I am very glad I listened to the audio version. The narrator did a wonderful job with many accents and voices.  And I loved hearing the British pronunciation of so many words.  It made the characters very real to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment