Wednesday, November 19, 2014

One Plus One / Jojo Moyes / 368 pages

What can I say? I simply fall in love with Jojo Moyes' writing and her characters. I can feel the tension between them almost as though I'm sitting in the backseat, watching this story play out.

This latest tells the story of Jessica Rae Thomas, a single mom, working 2 jobs trying to stay afloat and barely succeeding at all-- but not without giving it her best shot and having relentless optimism. Her modern family consists of her stepson, Nicky-- who struggles with bullies and guy liner, and her daughter Tanzie-- a maths genius. Enter in Ed Nicholls, one of her patrons in her cleaning business. Ed is recently on trial for insider trading. Fate brings these two together and the dynamic between them is palpable.

I fell in love yet again with these characters and am left wanting to know what they are doing now...

ARC provided by Goodreads Firstreads Program-- THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment