Sunday, August 31, 2014

STORM FRONT / Jim Butcher / Audiobook Read by James Marsters / 322 Pages

I read Storm Front, the first title in The Dresden Files series, many years ago but had never listened to the audiobook read by James Marsters. This was despite having had the recorded versions recommended to me by a number of co-workers. I decided it was time to 'hear' what I might have been missing!

My family and I listened to the first Harry Dresden book while traveling to visit relatives. It is an 8-hour drive which I thought would work out perfectly for Storm Front which is 8 hours long. The timing turned out to be just right!

We decided in advance to split the audiobook experience in half; listening to half of the story on the way down and finishing up on the trip back home! The drive just 'flew' by and neither my husband nor myself exceed the speed limit even once! :-)

My children (both over 21) in particular were thoroughly entertained by the plot of the novel and Marsters reading. I 'do' believe I've turned them into lifelong Dresden aficionados! 

Storm Front introduces Butcher's Urban Fantasy detective series featuring Harry Dresden, the only wizard listed in the Chicago Yellow Pages. Anyone who is a fan of Jim Butcher or the series, who hasn't tried the audiobooks may want to give the recorded version of his titles a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment