Monday, July 14, 2014

The Silent Wife/A.S.A Harrison/326 pages

Jodi Brett and Todd Gilbert have lived together as husband and wife for decades. Although Todd wanted to get married during the early years, Jodi refused. She was happy with living together without any legal binds. Since she never planned on having children, she didn't see the need. Todd is a successful developer and has a roving eye. Jodi is a part-time psychologist and turns a blind eye to Todd's wandering until one day when she can't anymore. Todd's latest affair is pregnant and insists he leave Jodi and marry her. Thus, the stage is set for the drama of the rest of the book.


Unfortunately, that drama doesn't have much oomph to it. I've heard people say it this novel was so much better than Gone Girl and others describe it as horrible. I don't agree with either. It was okay. Maybe less than okay. There really wasn't any suspense. The one unknown left dangling at the end of the story wasn't interesting enough to make me give it more than a moment's thought. I can't recommend this one. It's our book club selection, and we meet tonight. I'll edit this if I hear something that will redeem this for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment