Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Perfect Ghost/Linda Barnes/310 pages

I read this book based on recommendations from colleagues (Mizzou'77 and others).  It took me several weeks(months) to read this book due to the busy-ness of my life, but after reading other reviews for this title, it looks like they also felt that the story bogged down in the middle. The main character Em, who began the book by feeling physically and emotionally overwhelmed shopping for a cardigan at the mall suddenly becomes Nancy Drew, bravely looking for clues. The transformation didn't ring true. Besides, she was a more interesting and unusual heroine at the beginning, when she crippled by fear but courageously venturing out. The end of the book had a surprising twist that maybe I would have seen if I hadn't taken so long to finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment