Monday, June 9, 2014

The Round House/Louise Erdrich/321 pages

Joe and his family live on a reservation in North Dakota. His father is a tribal judge, and his mother works with people who want to document their Native American heritage. After she is brutally attacked, the family is thrown into turmoil. She is traumatized by the attack and is reluctant or unable to talk about what happened or who was involved. Joe wants to investigate the crime and make the guilty party pay for it, one way or another. His friends, Cappy, Zack, and Angus help him reach his goal.


There is lots of description about life on the reservation, and the story is set in 1988, so it's not too far in the past. This was my book club selection, and there will be many things to discuss. I'm sure I didn't catch all the symbolism. I can't say this was my favorite book, but it was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment