Monday, June 16, 2014

The Husband's Secret/Liane Moriarty/396 pages

Cecilia Fitzpatrick is the ultra-organized super mom. She is a successful businesswoman (selling Tupperware), president of our version of PTO, devoted wife and mother of three. While looking for a keepsake to give to her daughter in her very orderly side of the attic, she accidently comes across a letter in her husband's very messy side. "For my wife, Cecilia Fitzpatrick. To be opened only in the event of my death" is written on the envelope. John-Paul Fitzpatrick is very much alive and on a business trip in the U.S. When he calls that evening, she mentions the letter, and he begs her not to open it. Then he comes home the next day, three days ahead of schedule. Cecilia's and two other women's lives will be changed when she opens the letter and gets the shock of her life. Set in Australia and at Easter, I had to keep reminding myself about the difference in seasons since the characters would mention the beginning of autumn.


Very good story that kept me interested all the way until the end. Moriarty is becoming one of my favorite authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment